Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Well, That Wasn't So Bad, Was It?

Ok, note to self: conference calls are the same thing as group discussion. It's just that you can't see the other people of the group...

I prepped all the notes i could, wanting to make a good first impression, wanting to be able to present the current business at hand; but, i forgot the main goal of these things are: sharing. So, since i'm new, and business still has not been able to show much for itself yet here, all i talked about was myself, for a brief minute or so. Some people call it 'the introduction'. I thought it was... unnecessary. haha. Well of course it's necessary, how else would the others know me? And with all the others sharing their side of the business in their respective countries, i was able to grab a few ideas here and there, and refresh on old ideas i had forgotten about.



Needless to say, I sat idly during almost the entire duration of the conference, mostly taking notes, making sounds of acknowledgement or approval at the right moments, and basically be a good listener. It was just like being a student in class, listening to the lecturer blabber on about who knows what. Well, the conference call only takes once a month, and is still necessary anyway, just in case some information didn't reach one another through regular channels.


Ok.. with that out of the way, and forward as the only way for me to go... I think I'm getting used to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment