Wednesday, October 6, 2004

I'm Finally Here, I Think

The many quirks and akward situations of the past few days, mostly occuring in my head as interpretations of what was happening in front of me, are finally passing, bit by bit. I'm starting to slip into my expected role, although maybe not as fast as my rationale (or maybe my boss!) would want me,.. but yeah.. i think i'm finally there.


Of course, one of the quirks of the job is that my boss is relatively new to the place, and he was the one who brought me aboard, and i can say we're pretty close.. so on one side, at least i have a friend here, although coincidentally he's one of the big bosses, which probably i could use to my advantage if the need arises (hopefully not). On the other hand, there's everybody else, who, as usual in a new environment, don't know what to make of me. Kid, nerd, or astrophysicist? haha. let them figure it out lah, even i don't know, and i do have work to do. so, either help me, stand back and smile, or bug off.



i'm actually enjoying the fact that i don't have to rush home before they lock up the building (which was what happened at my last office) and can just have a place to hang (while doing work of course) when all else fails...



i could get used to this.. if only the computers weren't as stoneage as the one i'm using now. And i could use IM again. we'll see lah... baby steps, Ellie. (just in case you didn't catch that vauge movie reference, it's from Contact starring Jodie Foster; it's the sentence that her father always tells her when she's looking for people on the ham radio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment