Friday, December 24, 2004

Something's Gotta Give

I finally finished watching Something's Gotta Give starring Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. Nice story, unique perspectives and twists, and veeeerrryyy pretty Amanda Peet.

Basically makes you think that love is a journey, not a destination... and in fact, that's why love is so compelling, so important to human sanity, to human life.



[Yes, I'm finally bringing up a topic about love.]



Somehow, I keep writing stuff down, from the completely frank to the standard dubiousness... but I keep going back and erasing it. I'm not sure what I want to say, and what I do think I want to say, I'm not sure the good readers of this blog would understand it.



Love, in its most general meaning, which is between a man and a woman, has always been the more, um, interesting part of my life. Lots of stories here and there, although when compared to other people's stories it could me pretty mundane, but the stories are there just the same. Short stories, even paragraphs or sentences, which sometimes never need telling, and nobody knows about anyway (and no, I'm not about to change that now).



And.. let's just say, the journey has more often brought 'disappointment' rather than 'success'. I was never sure why, and I'm still not sure. Hence constant contemplation and thought on my side.... (aaah... now you get it).



And now... sometimes it feels like I always get myself in the same problem, the same mousetrap, all over again. I guess, I never learn from that mistake... all I do is just learn on how to handle it better.



That sounds pathetic, doesn't it? Sometimes I wish things could fit in simpler... although, I must say, my life is a waaay lot simpler than a couple of people i know.

No comments:

Post a Comment