Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Short Visit

One of our partners invited my company to Bandung to attend a launch of their services there, and I was sent to represent the company. So very early in the morning, I prepped my stuff and went to the train station early, just in case the train was packed; I wanted to at least get a seat, not a standing ticket. The night before had ben very tiring, because I had all this stuff to carry around from the office, and arrangements to go to Bandung were only done at the last minute.


So off I went to Bandung with friends from another company, and arrived there at about 9 am. The event we were about to attend wasn't going to run until about 12 pm, so we just went to the location and hung out at one of the restaurants near the designated area.

The place was called Cihampelas Walk, or more popularly Ciwalk, a relatively new commercial area with a mall, dozens of eateries and cafes, and places you can walk around, or sit and chat. Pretty nice place, and it's open much later into the night than most places in Bandung, much to the pleasure of young couples in love or kids having the night out.


The event itself only started at about 3 pm, because of the rain, but it was pretty good. A few local artists sang their popular songs to the delight of fans and audience, and there was the share of games, door prizes and such.


After the show, I went over to Tanti's house, who had been sick in Bandung for about 2 weeks, to pick up something, and also lend her a book to wind away her recovery days. Later I met up with Pandji and Gamila for dinner... and apparently, I got carried away discussing anti-monopolism :P.


I crashed at Pandji's place, and took the 6 am train back to Jakarta this morning. So I have not reached home yet... when there is a lot of stuff I need to settle.... the project I'm doing has not finished the reporting stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment