Sunday, December 19, 2004

Random Thoughts (Reprise)

During the rather mundane routine of work today, I have had this urge to write something here other than my post below. Something more... of the mind, more transcendental... something more reflective. I'm still not sure of what, but I'll put it down anyway.... here goes...



um...



Why does the word 'beauty' keep repeating itself in my head? But I can't make anything of it 'm not sure what I'm trying to say. I'm second-guessing myself on the subconcious level, so nothing really comes out.



Well, anyway. After the first round of uploads yesterday, I met up with an old friend, and we chatted over ice cream (ice cream that God must of created Himself, because it tasted like heaven!) about work, and the obligatory nostalgia. It's always good to reflect, not just the fun parts of nostalgia, but the more introspective part. I must say, the conversation was wholy entertaining, informative and at once good for the heart and mind. And the chocolate ice cream made it even better.



One of the points of the conversation was, you never really know how friends appreciate you, but you ultimately always know when friends are dissatisfied with you, even if they are talking about you behind your back. So, I'm trying to make it a point to show more appreciation to others, more than before, at least. It always feels good when you've made someone's day.



A few days before, a friend told me to smile more. At the moment, I was in a very bad mood, and if somebody comes along and tells you to smile, you just get more pissed off, right? Well, maybe it's right. More to smiling inside, rather than your average garden-variety plastic smile. Be more optimistic. Well... I'll try.



Ah.. here's the sentence that wanted to come out, finally...

Beauty emenates from the heart and the mind.



Okay, now what the hell is that supposed to mean? Isn't that something that ugly people say?

Hahahahah. Forgive my crudeness, because as usual, I'm writing everything that comes off the top of my head.



Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment