Thursday, November 11, 2004

One Day Till The Holidays!

Ok, today's the last day of office before the Lebaran holidays. I predict a relatively empty office, with a lot of people going home early, or not doing much of anything. I still have to submit some late files to a production centre, but once I get the CD writer working, I can get those files burned on a CD and I'm on my way.



There's actually also the matter of a proposal I have to put together, which is supposed to be discussed by the consortium the first day after the holidays (as usual, it's up to me to get it running). I'll put that one together in the afternoon, I guess, after delivering the CD... but that means going home at the usual time. That's ok, not that I have somewhere else to be anyway.



Yesterday, after a meeting at Indosat, I got dropped off at Telkomsel to get my new HP number! It's necessary, because by the looks of it, most of my office's services will be running on Telkomsel first. But it hasn't been activated yet, because I had to fill out some forms and give them back after the holidays. Anyway, afterwards, I saw that I had some spare time before getting back to the office, Vira's office was nearby, and I promised to return some DVDs to her before the holidays. So I went there, gave her the DVDs, and got a trade of J.D. Salinger's Catcher In The Rye (yeah, I know, but I haven't read it! I wanted to know what all the fuss was about). Once the trade was done, I intended to go back to the office, and I waited for a taxi outside Vira's office... for over half an hour, approaching fast break time. I gave up, and had fast break with Vira at Spice Kitchen nearby (erm.. not recommended) before moving on to the next appointment.



I met up with an old friend, one that I have been chatting with a lot through YM, but hardly ever in person, so we both finally decided to get together last night, and, continue chatting, haha. Before heading home we went to Duta Suara, and on a whim I bought a 3 CD set of Frank Sinatra, in my opinion worth every penny...



I am always amazed on the speed of how things go up and down for me; no wonder people call me very 'moody'. But I must say, it was all necessary, and the speed actually helps to get everything resolved faster, so I can move on to other issues. That always has to happen, moving on. Can't stay in one place for long. So, the past few days have provided me with a lot of perspective and insight to all that's around me; what's important, who's important and in what way, and why, overall, I should be happy with what I've got. The number one human weakness I have is ungratefulness, and I intend to change that...



So, a week of holidays with my parents, a few books, food, and a lot of sleeping should do me well. At least, hopefully, that's what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment