Monday, November 1, 2004

Another Triple Appointment

Finally, the media briefing is over, hopefully to the benefit of my business... I took off a bit early, just after fast break, with my boss so I could tag along home (and he could pass through the 3-in-1 area), because I had to meet up with Oettie and Yudha to follow up something. I had to go home first since I had to burn some data to a CD, and the CD writer was at home, so eventually Oettie and Yudha went to my house as well.



After burning the CD, we went to Dharmawangsa Square to have dinner; we ate at Coca Express. Oettie and Yudha both had steamboat packages, I just went my favorite Tom Yam Fried Rice. The story behind Coca Express is, under the Coca group (originating in Thailand), they had two chains of restaurants, one was Coca Suki, serving shabu-shabu, and one was Jojo Mama, serving more Indonesian food with a Thai twist. Apparently Jojo Mama didn't work out, so after they shut down the Jojo Mama restaurant in Bandung, eventually they merged the Jojo Mama and Coca Suki in Jakarta to Coca Express (and thus, invalidating my Jojo Mama discount card). We had an... interesting conversation about relationships; and since I wasn't in the mood to go straight home, I tagged along with them to meet up with other friends at Kemang; all the while keeping tabs on where Sacha was, because I was also planning to take a look at her new place later that night.



We went to Stage Kemang, where they serve a nasty grilled duck, which i ordered to go (for sahur, naturally). After about an hour of chatting there, we all went our seperate ways, and I joined Sacha at Tornado Coffee close by, and I met her gang of co-workers (some I've met before)...



When we eventually went to Sacha's place, the room reminded me of her old room rental in Bandung, down to the color of the wall and lack of ventilation; perhaps the only difference was the aircon. We talked until late in to the night, and after stopping by Circle K, I went home...



And, for the entire duration, the white shirt, blue jeans, and red tie remained, despite in a more juvenile manner. :) I looked like a kid who just cut school for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment