Thursday, November 18, 2004

Back To Reality

After spending a week at my parent's house, and hardly logging any time on the internet (one reason is because the signal strength for my mobile is very weak). I finally returned to my place at Dharmawangsa. Return to Jakarta, return to reality, and shortly, return to the demands of work and life in Jakarta.


So Friday, morning, Mom and Dad dropped me off at my place, because there was a ton of stuff I carried to and back from Serpong; among them, I finally brought along my beloved acoustic bass guitar. And then there's the assortment of clothes and food, hallmark of the Idul Fitri holidays.


Not long after, I prepped to leave again, for Friday prayers, and after, meeting an old friend that I haven't seen for more than 6 months. Yeah, I know, the past weeks have been filled with a lot of 'meeting up with old friends'... I guess at times like this, I need to be reminded of who I am, what I stand for, and who better to do it than old friends; because friends that I meet everyday would not recognize the constant flux going through my head.


There is one reality that has hit me squarely in the jaw, and to quote from another blog: "the true lesson of love, is to let go."

Another fact that hit me again is... as most readers of this blog might know... I'm not like a lot of other men.


Another thing good about meeting old friends, is that you know that they actually want to see you, and make the effort... not just use you or take advantage. (Hey. let's not jump to conclusions. You know how I play with words).


I just pray that this will get easier somehow, because I just know there will be a tough week ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment