Monday, January 31, 2005

The Things I'd Do For Watching Jennifer Garner

I'm a fan of Jennifer Garner. Really. Well, I have this thing for tough chicks with still strong feminine sides, and she fits the bill perfectly; at least, her character in the series Alias. Another favorite is Jessica Alba, of series Dark Angel fame, but that's another story.


I usually stay up till late every Sunday night to watch Alias on TV (it runs on cable as well, but I don't have cable at my place and all I ever watch on TV is... Alias). The show only starts at about 12 pm (until about last week, where it just simply disappeared), but I wait for it nevertheless, going through an oldies song show hosted by Bob Tutupoly and one of those martial arts series that I never can tell one from the other. Here's where I usually catch up on my reading.


Anyway.


Yesterday, after work I went to see Elektra.






After watching.... well... it's a comic-book adaptation, and tended to have a strong comic-book cultish feel to it. I liked it, but I'm not sure other people will. Then again, I liked it because Jennifer Garner was in it. The story was, um, simple, the action sequences were cool, but I think if anybody's thinking "franchise", the movie is a dead duck. Well, they did a worse job with Catwoman. Elektra still comes off as a must-see for comic lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment