Thursday, January 6, 2005

Being Helplessly Stubborn

You know the saying, "I'm surrounded with fools!". Usually that's what the baddies say in some B-class action flick or cartoons.

You know what I say? "I'm surrounded by stubborn people!".



Well, I'm one of those stubborn people myself, but for once, this post is not about me.

A lot of my friends are very successful in their careers, which is due to diligence, persistence and a share of stubborness. I don't think any of us got where we are now without that.



The downside of this is stubborn folk tend not to listen to others, even when those people have their best interests at heart. I again must also admit that I also have this affliction, thus supposedly I cannot make an objective opinion about this subject. Who cares. The blog maybe one of the most democratic mediums on the internet, but still, I think I'm entitled to also share my subjective views.



Back to the topic. I have concerns for a friend, I cannot talk about it here, but let's just say his or her pride, and definitely stubborness, makes it hard for me to convey my concerns.

I could be wrong, mistaken, I could be assuming something that I don't know much about, but, come on, at least hear me out, and if you can't accept my concerns, at least think about why I have these concerns. I can easily just forget about it, forget about you, and pretend nothing's wrong, and I'm sure that's the better way for you also. Now which would you prefer, me leaving you alone, or continue to be your friend and listen? For God's sake, don't be paranoid, or have your pride feel threatened or anything. Just look at the years past in hindsight, what have I ever done to take anything from you, to undermine you, to make you look bad, or any other thing that might be hell for you? Nothing. And frankly, that's something I can't say applies to you.



It's always saddening when you know you're not appreciated, even though you have put out your best efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment