Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Money-wise, Wise With Money

I have been running into some moderate financial problems of late. A project has been dragging on without payment for some time, with me partly guilty as well, when the expenses had been made; I am still buying CDs like crazy (but only for those collectible titles, long-sought-after titles, or good value buys on titles I like), and I have to get over my recently-acquired taste for coffee and sushi.
All these notably high-numbered expenditures has left me a bit short, not to mention a few people have some outstanding debts (and pretty large ones, at that). I could reveresly think of this as a sort of savings, just so I do not touch this money (it is, of course, the profit gained from my last project after expenses and my phone upgrade to the P910i), but of course I do not get any interest, and I just become restless because I never know when the debts would be paid.
In the meantime, I never pull any stops if it means spending something for a dear friend, ever more so at the request of my parents (except the sudden phone call from my Dad asking if I had Rp 13 million handy, which I didn't). I must admit, my logical side always says, whenever you spend money, make sure you get a return of investment. Of course I don't think this when it comes to family, but sometimes, I really have to watch how much I spend in the interest of making a dear friend happy, knowing full well that the gesture may not be returned in comparable terms, if returned at all. I feel guilty thinking this at all, but I do think this...
I have a close friend who I love very much, and on a whim I sometimes give her something or offer to pay for dinner (Please note: this is not a love interest. If it were, I wouldn't even be discussing this). But sometimes I just feel that my gesture is not returned in comparable terms... but oh well. They say to be happy you just have to give more and expect less... at the end, I feel happy just the same for my affection to her (and all my close friends in general). On the other hand, seriously, in these times, I feel the pinch, no matter what the excuse!

I really want to be able to save more money, and spend less, and I think I have been directing my expenses better lately; I do have some money in the bank spared, although just not Rp 13 million. I think I'll have to see how much I can save more, because in the coming months, there will be more money needed for 'personal projects'.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment