Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Short Look Back on 2005

Today is New Year's day, and I woke up at about 7 PM since I already slept at about 11.45 PM last night. Such a good night's sleep, as my body was really tired from the more-than-normal workout yesterday.

Since I'm usually in a contemplating mood on the new year, here's a look back on 2005:
January:
In love with the ghost in the other room; and still struggling to speed up the pace at work. Had a nice short trip to Bali though. And finally, I let go of my PDA of 2 years for a smartphone.
February:
My harddisk crashed! And 3 years' worth of data, gone. Dreading the coming of March...
March:
One of the busier months of the year. Participated in Java Jazz Festival 2006 as, well, something, and only a week later, off to Bangkok. I got my iPod! Alas, March came with a loss as well...
April:
Still brooding with a loss, yet excited with another... going off to Kuala Lumpur at the end of the month.
May:
Fell in love, with apparently the wrong woman... and this would drag on for months. The Boyz II Men concert was okay, though; a lifelong dream.
June:
My 27th birthday, and still clueless about the world... and about women. Still tossin' and turvin' with the same old problem, oblivious to the truth...
July:
Busy at work, lots of projects to follow up. Heart still hanging in limbo... yet yearning for more
August:
Whose face do you see in the glittering starry midnight? And other stories. Work is hell as usual. Did a strange trip covering 3 cities in 2 days.
September:
Less sleep, but more fun waking hours :)
October:
Finally had time for a holiday, and I went to Kuala Lumpur, again. I must love that place... my wallet is still hurting from that trip. Other areas of life seemingly resolved but somewhat not.
November:
Very busy month, work and social engagements, Lebaran also... and starting to move on, finally. But apparently, I have time to fall in love with the morning haze...
December:
Achieved a higher level of clarity, giving me more satisfaction and evenness in those small minutes of the day... Work is a mix between slow and hectic, towards the new year...

Apparently, internal change is much more important to me, and I really think... 2005, despite all the trials and tribulations, has left me with something better... so, even if you were a total bitch, here's to you, 2005!

No comments:

Post a Comment