Sunday, February 13, 2005

Standard Morning

Got out of the shower, hurrying into my room. The room feels a bit freezing as I just poured low temprature water on myself, and then I enter an air-conditioned room. So I turn the aircon off, chattering teeth while I do it.
I rub myself dry with the towel that I haven't washed for more than a week, then start spraying deodorant. It's more of a thing for myself, rather than smelling nice for others, as I don't like going around smelly and all. I put the deodorant can in my workbag for good measure. Next is the hair gel. Yeah, I use hair gel, but not for shaping it into some sort of style or anything; just to keep it moderately neat so I don't look like I haven't had a bath for a week. I have very short hair, so when it isn't wet anymore, it looks like shit, and I look untidy. The gel keeps the illusion that the hair is wet.
Now to the wardrobe. What to wear, what to wear? Anything I wear other than a suit and tie, will make me look like a college student (or even a high-school student on holiday)... so sometimes I just maximise the effort. Will it be polo shirt day, or simply a shirt with a t-shirt inside? Or maybe just the shirt? Anything goes with my jeans. I don't like wearing trousers with other material.
Ok, last check of my bag before I go. Money and wallet, check. Laptop and adaptor, check. Anything out of the ordinary ordnance is usually in my bag from last night, so I wouldn't forget in the morning rush.
Get out of the room, lock. Get out of the house, lock. Get out of the outer gate, lock. I walk to the usual bus stop, well, what is perceived as a bus stop by many, and usually there's a bus waiting for passangers there, and disturbing the traffic flow once in a while, as the parking space still takes up half a lane. Then, begins the slow drive to the office, through hails of traffic, the cloud of horn noises, and pissed off people.
If I'm hungry, I buy some chicken porridge before heading up to 19th floor, before punching in at usually half an hour before office time. No, not being one of those too-diligent people, it's just that in the morning, I always have the urge to get out of the house real fast, and it also gives me time to do some needless browsing (or blogging).
Then... I start opening emails, and the files I left behind from the day before. Then,.. work begins.

Am I alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment