Thursday, February 10, 2005

I Don't Know What To Title This Post

I am staring at the keyboard.
I stop.
What is written on the screen comes directly from what I think, as I do not know what else to think, let alone write.

Today i supposedly the traditionally-called "Harpitnas", or roughly translated to National In-Between Day. A day is usually assigned this strange abbreviation when a workday comes in between a national holiday and the weekend. This week, there were two national holidays in a row, on Wednesday and Thursday, and work on Friday, then the weekend. I kind of predicted that the streets would be emptier than usual, as many might opt to coming late to the office, or not come at all, and nobody would blame them. Instead, near the office, there was a traffic jam on this rainy morning, no less. What caused it?
About 100 meters from my office, there's a flyover that runs over the main road of my office, and about 50 motorcycle riders were parking under that bridge to get out of the rain. Since the sheer number of motorcycles involved, they took up half the 2-lane street, hence causing a traffic jam. I looked at the faces, and nobody thought that what they were doing was at the least odd, let alone feel a bit guilty for causing the mess.

Indeed, the rain was coming in bucketfuls today. Last night, right after karaoke with friends, it was raining so hard that we could hardly see the road, so it was a bit difficult to give directions. And even though when I went off my friends' car and got into the house the whole ritual only took about 10 minutes, I was drenched all the way.

Since I spent most of the day at home, downloading updates and software for my Mac, I dozed off a lot in between fiddling with my iTunes playlist and watching DVDs. At least I got the software properly installed, and now I can start working with my Mac again, and all that done before I headed out to go to dinner and karaoke with friends.

I only managed to fall asleep at 2 am, as I couldn't sleep. Something was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment