Friday, August 10, 2007

F***ed Up Day

This morning, Saskia called to give me some bad news: the electric bass I had asked a friend to help fix was robbed out of his car last night, along with the guitar effect in the same bag, and his iPod. To this minute, I still don't know how to react to that news, considering that the bass came along with quite an effort. But on the fringes of my mind, I feel sad...

But I had to block it out for the day. There was a lot happening at work, lots of details, meetings and deadlines to meet. So I put it aside for the day...
In the meantime, the office was running a contest to send a winner overseas; but many complications came out of the project, a lot of them unforseen, but a lot of basic elements caused it, as the program was a bit forced from the start by my superiors. I don't want to play the blame game, but I'm pretty sure that somebody will. I feel sorry for Eja; she took the brunt of the problems and confided in me, where I should be helping her. I don't know if I helped enough, and I don't think she got enough support from elsewhere, frankly. Save your ass to save it another day, I guess.

I'll see if I can work out the problems tomorrow, as it is only tomorrow we can work it out.

Meanwhile, the fact about the lost electric bass still remains in its box, untouched...

No comments:

Post a Comment