Sunday, March 6, 2005

The Day In-Between

I just finished half of what was going to be a hectic 2 weeks; the first week chasing a lot of stuff at the office and helping out at the Java Jazz Festival (to the point I did not get to see any acts as I was on duty all the time), today is my one day spent at the office before I head out to Bangkok for a regional conference. I have to compile all my files for preparation to present and share information, I have to tie up some loose ends before I leave the office for the week (there are a few, but they are urgent anyway), and I have to collect and buy everything I need for the trip. I'm out of body spray and hair gel, so I'll have to buy some later. I have to wrap up 2 key meetings later today so I can bring new information to the conference. I have to... oh, man... there's so much to do, and I don't have the energy to do it!
I'm not even looking forward to the trip to Bangkok, as it will be filled with meetings and the like, and I just feel very unprepared. I am feeling that my division here in Indonesia has not done enough, has not done much compared to the other countries, and I feel rather insignificant. Of course, there are good reasons to the lack of activity in some areas, but still...
Not to mention the fact that the conferences take all day and would be a toll to the mind and body, trying to absorb all that information, when all my mind and body wants to do is rest. I have not had a real break for almost 6 months now, and it's taking the toll. Supposedly my participation in the Java Jazz event should of refreshed my mind, but it only augmented the fact that lately I've been very sick of my usual workload and material. The event reminded me of what I used to do a lot in my college years, and how much I loved being in the field, tired or not. It's not that I'm a 100% field man, I have mileage in the corporate circles too, but since what is handled is usually completely different, lately I have been thinking that I do prefer working in the field. Highlights of my usual work week is usually when I have a meeting outside the office, not sitting in front of a computer typing emails, doing administration stuff, making presentations and the like.
I just feel tired; the body is a bit tired but actually refreshed from all the energy expended, but the mind still just isn't working. All I'm doing is looking for shortcuts to speed up my work.
Ok, time for chocolate again...

No comments:

Post a Comment