Sunday, July 9, 2006

That Person Is Gone, Finally (So Far)

For the past few months, I have been acquainted, to a certain person which I'd rather not be named, not even a description of attributions like gender, background, or anything else other than any information related to what I want to tell.

To cut a long story short, this person works in a sales/marketing capacity for a local SMS platform provider, who has been pushing for a project involving one of the more notable artists under my record label. At first, when the artist needed publicity and an interesting program to work with, I was welcome to the ideas said person presented, and often helped said person with the concepts and ideas needed to push the project through.
Down the line, the artist certainly didn't need the publicity anymore, and thus the program has been losing value to me day by day; all the while, this person still pushed, and sometimes just plainly befriended me, to the point that I'd be uncomfortable if I declined the program. Eventually, I had to sit down with the artist and balance the benefits and costs of the program, and we agreed that the program has imbalanced benefits towards the provider, and thus we declined.

At one point, this person was contacting me every day, inviting for lunch or dinner, or dropping by the office for a friendly visit, under the ruse of real friendship; once I struck down the program, said person has practically disappeared.

I might be a bit mean or stiff, but what I have never appreciated was the fact that people want to use me. This person was overall a nice person, yet I am not sorry said person is gone. Hope you learn your lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment