Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nearing The Home Stretch

As it might be obvious in a couple of later posts, playing music is becoming increasingly more important to me; I don't care if it does not result in a certain financial gain yet (as I am what you would say, still an amateur), but at least I get to make and play music, and have something to show for. Having something to show for is apparently very important to me, after all these years working in an industry where nobody really understands what it is and what I do, and never being able to talk about work with friends.

Perhaps it's the recognition? The acknowledgement? I will not become a hippocrite and deny that I do not need those as a man with a supposedly healthier ego, but as I have done often before, I won't let it get the best of me. Pride is one of the fiercest emotions felt by man, and also the most insignificant; albeit often confused with honor.

Anyway, it's always nice to not have to talk about work and still have something interesting to talk about, with it not being sports or current events. Anybody can talk about that.

The recording session is almost done, but I think the mixing is still far off; and I think a couple of vocal takes and guitar fills need to be redone. Well, at least there's no argument about the arrangements anymore, so it's just a matter of time. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment