Wednesday, December 31, 2008

While I Can Think About It...

The curtains are still drawn, forcing the sunlight to play only by the windows, and not so much into the house. Distant chatter of birds is coming from outside, obviously excited about something. Indoors, air in the house is defined per room, whether or not the aircon is on - the air in this particular room has decided to be a bit humid, because I have not set it free today. The morning is thankfully silent from the various bangs and whoops of reluctant firecrackers of the previous night, and the wisps of a dangdut stage somewhere. My brain refuses to sleep in although my body is protesting that decision, and thus energies are spent on things that do not involve the body much, lest it protest again. My phone and Blackberry alternately try to get my attention due to the multitude of messages of new year wishes received, but somehow I can't find the energy to reply them all, one by one, let alone send off my own new year wishes. The bookshelf looks more inviting - many books have not been born out of their plastic wrapping but are already eager to be read. The stack of DVDs do not look so happy and thus removed from plain sight into a storage drawer elsewhere; because sometimes too much choice makes you bored with the whole thing. But maybe all will come later - my eyes have one the argument and the brain will succumb to its wishes for more rest.

Today is a good day to be lazy, because the rest of the year has been reserved for hard work, whether I like it or not.

So, Happy New Year, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment