Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Long Days Ahead, But Counting...

So...
Tomorrow is the start of the long weekend, and I mean really long. It starts from Thursday, which is Independence Day, up to Monday, which is Isra Mir'aj (I don't know if there is an English translation to that). The long-awaited spell of a pseudo-holiday is here! Unfortunately, my schedule is already filled here and there with some events that I have to attend, so I could not go out of town as previously planned (although I did not have time to plan anything anyway). But at least, the break from work (although I get the feeling that it will seep in bit by bit eventually) will be most welcome, and I can spend it however I wish (with consideration to the girlfriend, of course).
The great thing I am anticipating of an unplanned long weekend is that I can do anything just spontenaously, as opposed to the rigid programming and planning (especially scheduling! You should see how my meeting appointments line up every day) that you get on your average working day.
The long weekend will also leave Jakarta comparatively empty, as many people who did have time to plan their long weekend will be out of town, and thus decrease the amount of potential crowds I will meet anywhere at any given time.
A bit of the initial excitement that came with moving to the new job is back, because of some open talk with my new boss (and seeing him at his vunerable side), but still, some doubts are clouding my mind. To be frank, some other factors are suggestive toward my second thoughts, but... we'll just have to see how it goes, and make the most of it.

On another note, I have been challenged to do something rather big. Hope I can do it. It may become the first step of another career...

No comments:

Post a Comment