Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Medicine

Hmph... I pulled two muscles on my morning gym session, one in my chest, one in my thigh, which, as usual, I did nothing about. The pain anyway was only felt at the basketball session later yesterday, when it hurt when I ran and, unfortunately, when I tried to shoot the ball. Thankfully, almost all shots I made during the game made their way to the basket properly (four out of five), and the rest of the game I spent on guard. I am still trying to catch up with my breath, and now vital parts of my body for playing basketball... so when the first game was up, I stopped, especially when I felt I really pulled my chest muscle on my last shoot (it went in, anyway...). Note to self: better warm-ups next time.

So now I am half-limping and my chest hurts at akward moments like when I pick up my ever-heavy bag (at the minimum I am always carrying my 2-3 kg laptop), but oh well... as with other types of pain, it takes time to heal (and sometimes a bit of medicine).

On other notes... Vira said that she thinks you can 'choose' who you like.... I couldn't beg to differ more. She's half right, anyway, if I read her correctly. You may not be able to choose on who you have a crush with and/or fall in love with, but you can choose how you react to it. I've been down this road so many times I think I know when to act and when not to. Or well at least, I'd like to think so.

Anyhow, I think it's time to find a more lasting bit of medicine for myself, rather than eat chocolate all the time, to go with the time going by. Although my body is aching and tired, the basketball court is a welcome substitute. I never realised how much I loved playing until I stepped on the court again.

No comments:

Post a Comment